Our mergers and acquisitions attorneys provide our clients with an integrated team of professionals that possess the legal and business experience to tackle all of the relevant issues that arise in any mergers and acquisitions transaction. We assist in all aspects of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures. From planning through execution, we anticipate our clients’ needs and respond creatively as we define the key issues and develop practical solutions to the most challenging matters.
Whether we manage the entire process, work alongside the general counsel or partner with our client’s in-house development team, we help our clients address every aspect of the deal, from structuring the intricacies of the legal and financial terms of the transaction, to negotiating executive compensation, to transferring intellectual property, to retaining key employees. We leverage our extensive experience to deliver the resources our clients need to make sure each transaction achieves the client’s business objectives.
Our mergers and acquisition attorneys assist clients in all types of mergers and acquisitions transactions including mergers, asset acquisitions and divestitures, tender offers, exchange offers, going-private transactions, management buyouts, proxy contests, joint ventures, recapitalizations, spin-offs and stock sales and acquisitions. We have considerable experience designing unique transaction structures to help our clients achieve the legal, financial, tax and management control objectives critical to a particular mergers and acquisitions transaction.
We have developed an in-depth understanding of the workings of many industries, including agriculture, automotive, commercial technology, consumer products, e-commerce, energy, entertainment, financial services, information technology, manufacturing, recreation, software, telecommunications and toys.
Representative transactions include:
- Representing the owner of several ski resorts in Northeast United States acquire three ski resorts in Colorado, Utah and California from a Japanese owner.
- Representing an Arizona utility in bid to acquire Pacific Gas & Electric generating facilities in California.
- Representing a California based bank in a cash-for-stock merger transaction with a Missouri based bank and trust company.
- Representing a California based agricultural cooperative in a cash-for-stock merger transaction with a California corporation.
- Representing California corporation in a spin-off transaction of certain software assets from Utah based software company.
- Representing a Nevada based Internet company reorganize and merge with a Delaware corporation.
- Representing a California based toy company acquire all of the assets of a Montana based toy company.
- Representing a California investor group acquire all of the assets of a California based chain of retail dry cleaners.
- Representing an Indiana corporation acquire substantially all of the assets of a California based automotive parts e-commerce company.
- Representing a California corporation divest all of the assets associated with several domestic automobile car and truck franchises.
The diversity of our practice group strengthens our ability to support our clients’ business needs. Our mergers and acquisitions team works with lawyers in related practice areas – including tax, finance, environmental, land use, real estate, financial restructuring, intellectual property, executive compensation and employee benefits – to provide the broadest perspective and bring to bear the specific business acumen and legal expertise a particular transaction demands.
In addition to providing our mergers and acquisitions clients with a seasoned and knowledgeable team of lawyers in the relevant fields, we can also help with non-legal aspects of corporate acquisitions and divestitures through our relationships with non-legal professionals. Clients can access, as appropriate, insightful and focused advice on the strategic, financial, business and regulatory issues that inevitably arise in a merger, acquisition, divestiture or joint venture.
To find out more about the firm’s mergers and acquisitions attorneys and to receive a complimentary phone consultation, contact our office at 510-344-6601 or email@example.com.